THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO HANDMADE CARPET
Carpets made by hand are actually works of art. Each carpet is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece in and of itself. These beautiful wool or silk rugs can be incorporated into your home or passed down through the generations as family heirlooms. Some people say that hand-made rugs aren’t right for them because they have kids or pets, or because they’re too expensive. But when you look at hand-made carpet, think about how hard work went into making each one.
Each knot may have been tied by skilled weavers for up to a year. In order to achieve these intricate designs on each carpet, large hand-made rugs frequently require a team to tie each knot for years. Any plain surface can benefit from the elegance and beauty of a handmade carpet.
Benefits of handmade carpet:
- Unlike machine-made carpet, hand-made carpets do not degrade and are more durable because they are not made with glue or adhesive. In a hand-knotted rug, each strand of wool or silk is looped around another knot and tied off with its own knot. These items can still look as good as they did when you first bought them, even after decades.
- Because they are all made with natural fibers like wool or silk, and in some cases, a combination of wool and silk, only handmade rugs can be completely cleaned. As the number of skilled carpet weavers decreases annually, handmade carpet are becoming more difficult to come by and becoming less common.
- Handmade carpets are free of chemicals, do not contain synthetic fibers, are entirely organic, and will not harm the health of your family. Carpets made by machines contain subtle toxins that can irritate people with sensitive skin or cause allergies.
- All of the colors used in the original rugs are natural, which is one of their main characteristics. You can easily see this by pulling a wet white pitcher instead of painting it. It is necessary to point out that this is not a problem that will last forever and that handmade carpets also come in natural colors like; Walnut skin, onion skin, and so on, in addition to artificial and industrial colors.
- Because of their art and handicrafts, handmade carpets do not only retain their value over time, but if you keep them healthy, the older they get, the better they are.
- In a room without carpet, the distance that sound travels is significantly greater. If you’ve ever been in a room without carpet and experienced this phenomenon, you’ve probably heard about how sound tends to bounce off walls.
- Although hard surfaces may be slippery, slipping and falling on them is unpleasant. Carpet not only provides a soft landing surface, which is especially important in a baby’s bedroom, but it also helps prevent some falls, especially on stairs.
- The appearance of an area rug may be its most obvious benefit .The ability of area rugs to connect the parts of a room together is one of a kind. They might, for instance, mix the various colors in the decor.